Ever since its inception in 2001, Scholars’ School and College has been performing a pioneering role in the field of education. The institution has earned a distinctive position in introducing National Curriculum in English Version and aptly set a trend for many others to follow. Throughout its path of progress, the distinguished teachers, students and the parents have worked like a team and contributed a lot to the enhancement and remarkable progress of this institution. Today, Scholars’ School and College has four campuses with about 3500 students and a team of 200 qualified, experienced and dedicated teachers pursuing Primary, Junior Secondary, Secondary and Higher Secondary courses of study in English Version under the Board of Intermediate and Secondary Education, Dhaka. The school is now flourishing in all aspects and being admired by all.
AT A GLANCE
The Salient Features
- It is the pioneer Educational Institution pursuing National Curriculum in English Version
- Students’ attendance is monitored on regular basis
- Health and hygiene are strictly supervised
- Modern and adequate toilet facilities
- Pure drinking water plant
- Sufficient number of Female staff to look after the kids
- Uninterrupted water and power supply
- Physically challenged students are treated individually with due care
- Different co-curricular activities like Debate Competition, Science Fair, Math Olympiad, Art Competition, Hamd and Qirat Competition, etc. are conducted every year
- Occasional workshops on different skills development
- National days are observed with due solemnity
- Annual sports, Picnic, Study Tour, etc. are arranged as per the academic calendar
- ‘Home Visit Program’ is conducted to monitor the students closely
- Students’ arrival and departure are strictly monitored
- Regular Guide-Classes on Saturdays and other days after scheduled school hours for slow learners
- Adequate transport facilities
- Air conditioned class rooms, well equipped Science Laboratory, enriched Computer Lab and Library
- Students performance/progress is evaluated continuously
- Parent-Teacher meetings are held regularly
- Separate Campuses for Boys and Girls (both for School & College)
- Phone calls are made by the Class Teachers for the absentees
- Above all, Management maintains close liaison with the Parents.
Aim and Purpose
The main aim of this institution is to provide the highest quality education to each and every student. To achieve this goal, students’ basic knowledge of English is made strong and built up in such a way that they can easily, rather effectively, face the challenges of the competitive world.
Junior Section (Play Group to Class IV)
Senior Section (Class V to Class X)
College Section (Classes XI and XII)
The academic year is divided into two terms for the Senior Section and three Terms for the Junior Section. The lesson plan is prepared in accordance with the syllabus and lesson is imparted accordingly. Standard and useful notes are provided to the students wherever required. There are arrangements of guide-classes after scheduled classes where slow learners are given more priority.
Mode Of Exam
Examinations are held thrice in a year i.e. 1st Term, 2nd Term and Annual Examination. Class Tests and Monthly Tests are taken before each term. Full marks including class tests is 100 in each subject.
As per directives from the Ministry of Education, Examinations are held twice in a year i.e. Half Yearly and Annual Examinations. One Mid Term Exam containing 50 marks in each subject is taken before each Terminal Examination. Full marks in each subject is 100. Final result is prepared in each subject [20% (Mid Term) + 80% (Half Yearly/ Annual) totaling 100%.
A Monthly Test in each subject is held regularly in Class XI and XII. 1st Term Exam (Half Yearly) is held in November and 2nd Term Exam is held in February and Year Final Exam is held in April as per the academic calendar.
N.B. In the Pre-Test and Test Examinations, students are required to pass in all subjects
- 100% pass with highest number of GPA-5 in 2018
- 100% pass with highest number of GPA-5 in 2017
- 100% pass with 95% GPA-5 in 2016
- 100% pass with highest number of GPA-5 from 2011-2015
- 100% pass with maximum number of GPA-5 in 2018 and 33 students got scholarship in Dhanmondi Thana out of 51
- 2% pass with maximum number of GPA-5 in 2017 and 21 students got scholarship
- 100% pass with 92% GPA-5 in 2016 and among them 17 students got scholarship
- 100% pass with 90% GPA-5 in 2015 and among them 22 students got scholarship
- 100% pass with 89% GPA-5 in 2014 and among them 17 students got scholarship
- 100% pass with 95% GPA-5 in 2013 and among them 10 students got scholarship
- 100% pass with highest number of GPA-5 and Golden GPA-5 in 2019
- 100% pass with highest number of GPA-5 in 2018 and among them 36 students got Golden GPA-5
- 100% pass with 97% GPA-5 (Science) in 2017
- 100% pass with maximum GPA-5 from 2007-2016
- 100% pass with GPA-5 in 2019
- 92% pass with GPA-5 in 2018
- 100% pass with GPA-5 in 2017